A very good read for all the Ladies here.

NathanY

Commander
:D :D :D :D :D <br />
watermark.php

KaGee

Admiral
Re: A very good read for all the Ladies here.

Uh ohhhh.....<br />not goin there :eek: <br /><br />Nate ur on thin ice buddy.....r-e-a-l thin! :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Finally somebody has posted the truth here!<br /><br />I will print this out and give it to the wife when I get home.<br /><br />In all seriousness, the also had similar guidelines for the men to live by.<br /><br />Ken

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Well my wife sent me this email today so I think its only fair for me to send her this in a email. :) <br /><br /><br />A woman over 40 will not lay next to you in bed and ask, "What<br />are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.<br />If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game; she doesn't<br />sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do.<br />And, its usually something more interesting.<br /><br />A woman over 40 knows herself well enough to be assured in who<br />she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past<br />the age of 40 give a damn what you might think about her or what<br />she's doing.<br />Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match<br />with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of<br />course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they<br />think they can get away with it.<br />Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They<br />know what it's like to be unappreciated.<br />A woman over 40 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her<br />women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even<br />her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women.<br /><br />Women over 40 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends<br />because she knows her friends won't betray her.<br /><br />Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your<br />sins to a woman over 40. They always know.<br /><br />A woman over 40 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is<br />not true of younger women or drag queens.<br />Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far<br />sexier than her younger counterpart.<br /><br />Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right<br />off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one! You don't ever<br />have to wonder where you stand with her.<br /><br />Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons.<br />Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, <br />well-coiffed hot woman of 40+, there is a bald, paunchy relic<br />in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 18-year-old<br />waitress.<br /><br />Ladies, I apologize.<br />For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get<br />the milk for free." Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women<br />are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth<br />buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by mikeandronda:<br /> <br /> Because women realize it's not worth<br />buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.
ROTFLMAO!!!<br /><br />Good Comeback.<br /><br />AK Chappy

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I think you misunderstand AK...... Nates post will be my comeback as the one I posted is the one she sent me. :)

LadyFish

Admiral

M&R now THAT is priceless. ROTFLMAO<br /><br />Nate, I've seen this before and took out all my <br />inner aggressions on the first person that sent it <br />to me. :p <br /><br /><br />It truely amazes me how far women have come in the<br /> past 50 years, how the entire mindset has <br />changed.<br /><br /><br />I was raised with the mentality in that ad, from <br />my grandmother and my mother both. That <br />subserviance that can destroy a persons self <br />worth. Glad I came to my senses.<br /><br /> :)

aspeck

Staff member

I printed both Nate's and MR's out for my wife (had MR's ready for AFTER she read Nate's - didn't want to be in doghouse too long.)! She only took serious issue to about 4 or 5 items from the Housekeeping Monthly! But really laughed at MR's. Both have been emailed to my SIL.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

ROTFLMAO at Mr. LF. :D :D

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by mikeandronda:<br /> I think you misunderstand AK...... Nates post will be my comeback as the one I posted is the one she sent me. :)
I meant a comeback to the marry the cow, free milk line.<br /><br />My wife just laughs at all these. She has a really good sense of humor. Like LF said, it is amazing how far equality has come.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

You had me rolling on the floor laughing to the point I was crying! Hilarious!! But seriously that's the world my Mom grew up in. She did a pretty good job and still tries to abide by those rules, but she has come to her senses about many of them. I'm so glad! But my Dad is not very happy about the change in her. Oh well, tough! Hee hee.<br /> Mr. Bassy knew when he married me he wasn't marrying that kinda lady. But he loves me just the way I am!<br />Bassy

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Some of these would really get on my nerves. I can arrange my own pillow, and take off my own shoes, and build my own fire.<br /><br />I agree a good wife does know her place just as a good husband knows his place. It is all where you define the "place".<br /><br />I really like the "dont complain if he is late for dinner or doesnt even come home at all". :D <br /><br />If you watch MST3K, you will know the short called "A date with your family". It will leave you rolling on the floor.<br /><br />Ken

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

-Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time.<br /><br />-Don't greet him with complaints and problems.<br /><br />I agree that many of those are outdated, but some of them are timeless and apply just as much today as they did back then.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If that's what women were being told in 1955, then I can only conclude that they have been making us "mere males" pay for it ever since...<br /><br />The writer of that booklet has a lot to answer for IMHO :D ;) <br /><br />Edit: - so has the inventor of the credit card.