A thought to ponder

bubbakat

Captain
There have been an average of 160,000 troops in theater (IRAQ) during the last 22 months, which has a firearm death rate of 60 per *100,000*. <br /><br />The rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per *100,000*.<br /><br />That means that you are 25% more likely to be shot and killed in our Nation's Capitol, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, than you are in Iraq.<br /><br />*Conclusion*: We should immediately pull out of Washington, D.C.<br /><br /> It kind of puts things in perspective doesn’t it?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: A thought to ponder

Bubba I do believe that we have lost more people in traffic accidents and crimes in the US than we have in Iraq. During the "first" Gulf Conflict (while I was on active duty Army) there were more people killed in traffic in Chicago than in Iraq (U S Forces). <br /><br />Good point!<br /><br />Bob

aspeck

Staff member

Originally posted by Limited-Time:<br /> Ya can pull'em out but PLEASE don't send them here. ;) :D :D
Good idea - it is time to pull out of Washington, but where are we gonna send them? Nigeria takes most everyone else, maybe they will take our Washingtonites. :D ;) :p

D

DJ

But, but, but. Oh, we can't let that statistic get out. :eek: <br /><br />Nevermind, the media, as we know it, buries it everyday. No worries.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Peddle your common sense and factual information elsewhere bubbakat. This is dockside chat and there is no room for truth here. ;)

Pony

Rear Admiral

originally posted by alden:<br />Peddle your common sense and factual information elsewhere bubbakat. This is dockside chat and there is no room for truth here. <br />
LMAO!!.....thats the funniest post i've read all day.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Thought pondered Bubbakat. Yep, it sure is rediculious when so many die here in the states each day and the media never ever has done a daily body count for our own soil. :(

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Firearm death is the key statement in that stat, btw. What are the numbers on people per 100,000 being blown up in Iraq vs D.C.? They aren't killing us with guns. Our casualty rate would be much lower if that were the case. A bullet-proof vest doesn't stop bomb shrapnel.<br /><br />And some of you shouldn't talk about the number of people that die every day as no big deal seeing as how 3000 is considered such a huge number to you. We've done that x10 in Iraq, a country that had nothing to do with the 3000 of our dead.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Mrbscott, Im glad you figured out that our enemies use more then just guns to kill us but that wasnt the point.....the point is that more people die from violence on our own streets then do over there. as for us killing them over there, they are our enemies so Im sorry if I dont feel bad for them even though we kill 10x as many as ours got killed......I guess you would feel better if more of our boys were dieing? Same ole same ole with you guys..........

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Hey bubba. Maybe we can send them to Jane Fondas house. Chances would be pretty good they would do the right thing.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Makes you want to think how many died each day in Iraq before we went in? Is there any figures for that? Was it more or less dieing today compared when Saddam was in power? We really won't know because the media wasn't reporting the news back then.

Ron G

Commander

Mayfloat the media sure would'nt let a figurre like that out.would be interesting to relly know and what are the figures of killings in the US??anbody out there know?

eeboater

Commander

There have been over a million troops cycled in and out of Iraq since we've started. There have been only 2000-some troops who have died, correct? <br /><br />I think that the chances of you getting killed is higher in an average American city than as a soldier in Iraq.