A Really Bad Day

LadyFish

Admiral
A few weeks ago, we were headed out to fish and saw this awful sight on our main canal.<br /><br />Although you can't tell there are 2-200 Mercs under water. The boat appeared to be fairly new and around 23'.<br /><br />Best we could tell is that the bilge didn't work and someone towed it into the canal. When we returned from fishing it was gone.<br /><br />
5trkhw
<br />
5trkmv

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: A Really Bad Day

Hmmm seeing the little red x but I can visualize that.<br /><br />Bob

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

AUGH!! :(

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

See it fine now! <br /><br />For Sale Center Console Twin 200 Merc's Low Running Hours!!!! :eek:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Whoops!!!<br /><br /><br />Hope that wasnt at the beach house we are renting next week!<br /><br />Hope the same doesnt happen to us!<br /><br />Ken

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hope they have good insurance or a very good friend/family who is good in repairs. :eek: :(

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

When I first saw the blue cover I thought it was your own craft...I'm really glad it weren't...Chief

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Looks like someone tied her up there at high tide, but did'nt account for the low tide.. Not all that uncommon...

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

No, it wasn't the tide change. Ours is usually a foot or less. You can't see it in the pics but there is a small dia. cable from the t-top to the house pilings.<br />It's there to keep the boat from rolling the rest of the way. <br />I'm not sure what caused it. we had been out fishing the night before and the boat wasn't there when we came back in about 9:00 PM. These pics were taken at 8:00 AM the next morning. I almost think it might have been a serious case of getting to the canal house late, launch in a hurry so it'll be ready to go in the morning. Plug?????? What Plug?????

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Not a pretty sight.<br /><br />Even if it was caused by a SHT you have got to feel sorry for the owner. Lets just hope that not a lot of damage was done.