A Rare One Surfaces - Starcraft Stinger S-19

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: A Rare One Surfaces - Starcraft Stinger S-19

WOW, what a deal. That 200hp alone is worth the cash.

The hull looks very fast, great ski rig there.

You've got room for one more in the boat garage...right? :D

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Room ain't the issue - cash flow is. I passed 4 boats long ago - I think I'm in double digits....

The Stinger was actually part of the American series - they use a similar hull design. The just lowered it a little, added the sleek windshield, upped the horsepower max and voila! Go-fast boat!

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

I feel the need for speed. I am captivated by the American series. I don't mean to disrespect my Tin bros, but my next boat will probably be glass, 14 footer, 15 foot max. Something differrent, I've got a big fishing rig. The next one will be the opposite of what I've got. A boat for cruising around, something the wife would like.

I trying to talk my brother into selling his jet skis and getting a go fast boat. I showed him the James Bond Glastron jumping in the bayou, that peaked his interest. Now I'll introduce him to the American or Stinger. Very cool boats.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

BD - I absolutely LOVE my 15-foot American. With the 75 Johnson on it is is quick, handles like a sports car, and will go all afternoon on a 6-gallon tank. She tops out around 40-41 mph with very little done for maxing the set-up.

A buddy of mine has a built-up 1982 Evinrude 140 on his and he runs out of prop and nerve before he runs out of throttle. It runs over 60 and could probably push 70 with a propshaft change (to a V6 shaft to run taller props) and the addition of a bass-boat style pad on the bottom of the V (to smooth out the chine walk).

The American series has an offshore racing pedigree, having been designed by Waltman B. Walters, a noted marine architect back in the day.

It's a bit of a hike, but there's a 15 for sale on one of the Central New York CL's this week - can't remember which one it was. Maybe Utica's?