A Priceless Sight

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Over this past weekend, I got to see my first pair of Bald Eagles at the local lake. We first saw this big bird flying over with a good size fish in his talons. It landed in a dead tree about 50 yards from my dock. At first we thought it was just a hawk. Then we got the binoculars out and was surprised that it was a Bald Eagle. Then looking around in the tree we spotted the other one. It was one momemt that made us feel like the true nature is on its way back.<br /><br />I had heard stories of others at the lake say they had seen them, but this was our first encounter. Was amazing. Now I can quit calling the others liars. <br /><br />I'm going to start keeping the camera on the boat so that I can take some pics and post them for everyone to share.<br /><br />To me looking at those beautiful birds was just about looking at our flag. I actually got goose bumps from observing them and thinking of what they stand for.<br /><br />Thought I would pass this on since a lot of Buckeye members read this board. Has anyone else spotted any others in Ohio? or any other state?

KM2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: A Priceless Sight

I see them almost everytime out on the Mississippi and on some of Minnesotas northern lakes. Magnificant sight, I stop fishing and just watch them. Seeing one swoop down to get a fish will give you goose bumps. :)