A Little too far

rbgilson

Cadet
I took my wife for a little fishin' fun one afternoon at a near-by Reservior. The ramp was huge so several boats could launch at the same time. Next to us, a guy and gal were un-loading a real nice 30' Cabin Cruiser. He was in the boat, and she was doing the dumping.They were pulling this monster with a Lincoln. Well he forgot to release the safety line that connected the boat to the trailer. Back she went, he started the boat and went for reverse. Boat pulled the car into the water a bit to far and the safety line kept the back of the car suspended on the trailer.She's having a heart attack, back tires 2' off the deck and that was all she wrote. Tires spinnin', everyone's screeming and the car was soon down for the count. We got her out and could not stop laughin'. Dude felt pretty stupid. Wished I had my camera........

WaterHog

Cadet
Re: A Little too far

I know the kinda laughter your explaining, Watched a guy launch a 21' Cobia in the Cape Fear River last year, Steep ramp, Always slick, No traction cuts in the concrete. It took his new ford pick-up and trailor in to the water, about 30' deep at the end of the ramp with a killer current. took divers two days to find it wrapped around the bridge pillings 300-yards away. It was said his insurance did not cover his negligents and the cost of the divers was over $4,000.00

Cap'n Ron

Cadet
Re: A Little too far

Saw a similar event happen to a trailer once. This dock is much like yours, WaterHog. Steep, little traction, vicious current. 100 yards out, you line up about 30 yards right of the dock if you want to hit the center of the dock on a normal day. Well, these guys are out launching their boat, and being the moderately-drunk rednecks they are (pick-up truck, oversized tires, confederate flag sticker on the back window, gun rack, 5 6-packs in the boat, etc...), they never really secured their trailer to the truck. Amazed it made it to the ramp without coming loose. Anyway, they back in, boat still connected to the trailer. Next thing they know, the force of the water pops the trailer off the trailer hitch (they didn't fully lock the trailer over the hitch), and the boat goes floating away, taking the trailer with it. Two of the more inebriated rednecks dive in and start swimming after it. The current whisks them away, and a parasail boat had to rescue them almost a mile from the dock.