A "Huge Win" for Sportsmen!!!!!

Fly Rod

Commander
:) President Bush supports "Transportation Bill" for Sportsmen!!! The U.S. House and Senate Approved a $286.7 billion transportation bill that increased the amount of funding states will receive for fishing & boating programs!!!<br /><br />Groups, including the Congressional Sportmens Foundation has lobbied to restore funding for the Aquatic Resource Trust Fund, which typically earns About $450 million Annually for state projects ranging from fish stockingsto lake acess, by recovering a share of the tax on motorboat & and small engine gasoline!!! <br /><br />Gordon Robertson, vice presdent of the American Sportfishing Association in a press release: " This is the most significant legislation for sportfishing and boating since 1984. For sportfishing, the centerpiece of the bill is the successful capture of all federal fuel tax on motorboats and small engines!!! These funds will rightfully be decated to sport fish restoration, angler and boating access and boating safetyb programs!!!! ;) :cool:

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: A "Huge Win" for Sportsmen!!!!!

I saw something about this on the Outdoor channel.<br />Defiantly a victory for Wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts today and our children tomorrow.<br /><br />I would be interested on where Hillary, Finstine, Schumer, Kerry and Kennedy stand on this issue. The true Axis of evil. Not a troll just my opinion!

NOSLEEP

Commander

That is exciting news. All outdoors man should<br />laud this program. I can only hope it may have <br />some spin off effect here in Canada.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

With reguards to accesibility in some areas (like south FL.), it may be too little, too late.... Too many bureaucratic and enviornmental problems are blocking the way... <br /><br />Unfortunate.... :( <br /><br />Perhaps some good will come from fish restoration/re-stocking... :)