a heartfelt thanks

ArneA

Seaman
To admirals, capt's, cmdr's cpo's E-8's to E-1's. I thank you all for your help. My CD14 is up and purring like a kitten. I couldn't have done it without you and that's for sure.
God bless you all.
Arne.

AiricR

Cadet
Re: a heartfelt thanks

Great place to get info and help...I am with you on the thank you. Its easy in a Forum atmosphere to say...search for it...Look for it....But every time I've asked I've gotten a ton of info and I'm sure its been ask 100 times before....

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Cool thing. Hang out with us long enough, we'll get you addicted and you'll have a garage full ;)

jmendoza

Petty Officer 1st Class

CD-11 owner , right in there with ya buddy, lotsa memories, and all worth it. Smooth trolling and running engine, although it a bit thirsty on gas and oil compared to my 1975 9.9. The 1954 CD-11 Seahorse 5.5 does about 5 knots with two adults and my twin seven year old boys in a 12.6 foot welded aluminum Western deep v fishing boat, at 6800 feet in a fresh water lake(Big Bear).

1954johnson.jpg

ArneA

Seaman

Funny thing about being addicted...I told my wife now that I want to find another 5.5 and do it all over again. It was all the help received that made this task a success and when there is success, I think that I did something really cool and want to do it over again.

ArneA

Seaman

So where did you put the pump.? On the links that were sent to me with photos, it says that there is no room to mount a pump on a cd14 5.5hp. It says there is room 7hp and above but not on the 5.5 If you did get one mounted on a 5.5 1957 cd14, a photograph of how you did it would be helpful in the event I have to do the same thing.
One other thing.. What is the shut down procedure for this motor?. I noticed that when I just pulled the gas line plug, the engine ran for a minute then died, However, there was still a full fuel bowl. Does this bowl have to be drained if it is not going to be used for a while? If so, I better order in some new bowl gaskets because I just cant keep taking the bowl off and on using the same gasket. There is a drain plug screw on the carb but it is a bugger to get to and if that tiny screw drops it will go into never never land. Then putting it back in was a pane also. Would appreciate a few comments on this.
Thanks.

Last edited: