A great laugh at my ex-M-In-Laws 80th.B-day party

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I recently was invitied to my ex-mother in law's 80th. birthday party, which I gladly atttended, as we have stayed good friends. Now, my ex father in law is/was a different story. (RIP)<br /><br />This sweet lady has been my ex. m-i-law for over 35 years! <br /> <br /> The family told her they would be going to San Francisco for her "special dinner", when she asked her oldest daughter, my ex-old lady, and our daughter if I could go with them. The answer was yes!<br /><br />Little did she know it was going to be a suprise birthday party for her, at my ex-sister in laws place, in an adjecent city, with about 75 invitees.<br /><br />It was a great party, with lots of good food and the beverages did not stop flowing.<br />My ex. has quite an appitite for champagne, which she proved again that evening.<br /><br />Towards the end of the party, a lady guest asked my ex. how long she has been married. My ex. replied/slured, "16 years." <br /><br />I almost burst out laughing, while I was doing the math........<br /><br />I was the first..............3years<br />#2 was.......................1 year<br />#3 was.......................2 years<br />#4 and the current one...10 years<br /> -----------<br /> YEP, thats....16 years all right :D (Over a period of almost 40 years.) :eek: <br /><br />The only reason she and #4 have been together so long is, for the first 7+ years, they only saw each other one or two weekends a month, as they were living about 1500 miles apart!! :confused: <br /><br />I must say though, that was one he!! of a party. <br /><br />I'm on my 2nd. one now... "33 years" come this June!!! :cool: <br /> <br /> ...Bob in Calif...<br /> (A.K.A. #1)

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Re: A great laugh at my ex-M-In-Laws 80th.B-day party

Great story, Bob! :D