A great kid

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Well folks, first let me say that the mods here have hashed this around for a couple of days and have gave me the go ahead to post this.<br />________________________________________________<br />I was notified of a website and went and checked it out, and then sent it to the mods for them to look at before I posted anything about it.<br />________________________________________________<br />This website is about a 12 year old girl that is going beyond the call of duty to show support for our troops.<br />The website is http://www.harmsway4kids.com/ <br /><br />I know, I know, your going to say, "Well, what kind of scam is this?"<br />All I can tell you is to go check it out yourself and then you be the judge.<br />She has been to Ft. Hood as can be seen here.<br />
alexis.jpg
<br />She has also been to Hickman Field in Hawaii.<br />She also has been on the Jay Leno show.<br />
leno.jpg
<br /><br />She makes and gives away freedom bracelets.<br />Now I grant you that this 12 year old did not make this website all by herself, but anyone that will go to this length to show support for our men and women is ok in my book.<br />They do not charge a penny for this bracelets.<br /><br />I grant you they do ask for donations, but it is not mandatory in order to get the bracelets.<br /><br />I did email them and ordered 2 of them.<br />They say they have made and shipped/mailed over 100,000 of them with another 140,000 on order.<br /><br />Like I said, go check it out and you be the judge.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: A great kid

What a great thing for her to do! :) <br /><br />When I first visited the site, it brought tears to my eyes.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Had heard about this some time ago and it is a great story.<br /> btw SBN there is a right way and a wrong way to do just about anything , you get my vote for right way.

Link

Rear Admiral

Neat site Spinner!<br />Saw four replies from people my own age who I served with and still keep in touch with. 71-91<br />Also two others that worked for me in the early 80's and are now retired Army and have sons over there. Small world.