A great day out......

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Hi all,<br /><br />Had a great day on Friday (18th March (did I say April before? Sorry)) and my dive buddy took these shots. This is 2 miles out to sea from one of the islands out from Perth. The next land west of here is Africa! We see days like this about once every 2 years! Ended up with an even dozen crayfish (lobsters to you yanks!) :D <br /><br />Enjoy!<br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />....<br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />....<br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />Chris..............

Bondo

Staff member
Re: A great day out......

Looks Beautiful there......... :) <br /><br />Is that You, ?? Or some Ugly Sea Creature ??? :D <br /><br />I Know you have some Pretty Wild Looking Fish,+ Other Creatures over there.............. :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I'm all confused.<br />I know there is a date line that comes into play, but how did you jump ahead to April?

achris

Yes Bondo, that ugly sea creature is yours truly in his diving get-up.<br /><br />Check out these 2 ugly things.....<br /><br />
watermark.php

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

great photos achris!!<br /><br />where's my invite for the fish boil though... ;) <br /><br />I'll trade you a few Lobsters for some cold water Walleyes :D

achris

Sorry Barlow,<br /><br />No personal invites. It's a blanket invite to all iBoat members.... Come to Perth and you're welcome to come fishing or diving with me.<br /><br />Chris............

Dunaruna

Admiral

Hey Chris, good to see you back.<br /><br />Does that invite include accomodation? :cool:

achris

For single females? of course.... But eveybody else will have to sleep in the guest room.....<br /><br />See ya here.....

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

well chris, you must be the only guy that truely looks like his avatar!!!!<br /><br />We had a similar day recently, went diving off Aliwal shoal in mid March. Reef is about 7km offshore in the Indian Ocean. We went out on the 1st boat of the day at 05:30. Sun was just clearing the horizon, sea flat as a mirror, sky blue, not a breath of wind, viz up to 25 meters. Days like those make me happy to be alive...

LadyFish

Admiral

OMG
20.gif
<br /><br />That lobster is HUGE ! ! ! I'm used to seeing them under 2 pounds.<br /><br />I'm drooling over here. <br /><br />Sounds like y'all had a great day on the water. Our water was like jello last weekend too. I really enjoy those kind of days. :)

achris

Cooked him nice too. Took the meat out of the tail, cut it into medallions and fried it in garlic butter. MMMMMMMMMMM. Just the 2 of us ate the lot!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Nice bug, Achris!...... Not to rare to find bugs that size around here... <br /><br />Hummm... Maybe I'll get that mask & snorkel i been lookin at...
11.gif