A Good reminder for some of us, at least for me

Link

Rear Admiral
THE SMALL TREE<br /><br /> I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start.<br /><br /> While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.<br /><br />When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.<br /><br />Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.<br /><br />"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied. "I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them. <br /><br />Then in the morning I pick them up again." "Funny thing is," he smiled," when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before."

Xcusme

Commander
Re: A Good reminder for some of us, at least for me

Thanks Link,<br /><br />Gees, that's exactly what I needed to hear....it's the small things that make all the difference in this life...thanks again ...really.

crab bait

Captain

that's me exactly ..'cept i kick the dog,, he runs out an pee's on the trouble tree..<br /><br />but that me exlaxly..

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> that's me exactly ..'cept i kick the dog,, he runs out an pee's on the trouble tree..<br /><br />but that me exlaxly..
If a PETA rep see this we are doomed. :p

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Link!<br />I need to get me a tree.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Crab Bait' I had to clean my monitor after that one! Took a real good post and made it a whole lot better.

crab bait

Captain

glad to help were i can...

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

;) thnx link