A good read

eeboater

Commander
Click here to read about the stuck 4x4 Rescue... It's pretty funny!!!!!!!! <br /><br /><br />
20050110220857_everybody_stuck.jpg
<br /><br /><br />Sean

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: A good read

I wonder about our 4x4 suburban in that mess. Probably stuck good, but we have had it through some messes.<br /><br />The one guys comment is 100% correct. Wheel speed and mommentum is the key in that mess. Dont turn the wheel hard, or you are dead.<br /><br />Ken

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I can see where they have all gone wrong from here. Buy a landrover the best 4 x 4 by far. <br /><br /> ;)

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Chris Myers:<br /> Buy a landrover the best 4 x 4 by far.
I got to admit. Behind Jeeps, I respest the Land Rover the most. You have to remember one thing Chris, the Rover was designed to mimick the Jeep. Two brothers who worked at The Rover Company lived on a farm in post-war Europe somewhere. On the farm, they had an old Willy's used to help out around the farm. They liked the idea and functionality of the Jeep so much, that they decided to make the "British version" of the Jeep, one that they thought could compete or be better than the Original Jeep.<br /><br />Long story short, the Land Rover was inspired by the Jeep. I think that they are equal in their off-road capabilities. I just consider the Rover to be the UK version of the American Jeep.<br /><br />I also think that if you put a 2005 Jeep Wrangler up against any of the models in the 2005 Landrover lineup, and you'll get much farther with the Wrangler. Especially when you consider these following pieces of information:<br /><br />Freelander:<br /><br />
  • <br />
  • Independent Front Suspension<br />
  • Base: $27,000 price tag<br />
<br /><br />You can walk away from the dealer with a $13,000 Wrangler and after investing 3,000 in it have a vehicle which is a LOT more capable than the $27,000 Rover which, in all honesty, with its IFS it couldn't crest two points under the two front wheels safely without bottoming out.<br /><br />Now, thats just my biased opinion, of course. :D <br /><br />Sean<br /><br />Source: http://www.winwaed.com/landy/history/series1.shtml