a good jet ski--on TV tonight

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Animal Chanimal

10:00 pm EDT

Jet Ski Brian goes out of Hatteras Marina offshore fishing

this guy and his rig are amazing. Gives jet skiing a good name! Is 20 miles offshore a good idea? check it out!

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: a good jet ski--on TV tonight

The only good jet ski is a . . . . Never mind. OK. I'll watch it :)

haulnazz15

Captain

I dunno, you can't possibly not have a good time on a jet ski. You never see anyone riding one with a scowl on their face! You also aren't physically able to frown when riding the new Kawasaki 300X, the G-forces of 300HP don't allow anything but a smile, lol.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I actually used to like stand up Jet Skis. And I agree they're fun to ride. I have a theory as to why they make everyone idiots though. They aren't really used for point A to point B. There's nothing to do but act like a fool. They make me an idiot (not hard). I try and spray the beach etc. Yes, there are exceptions as I bet they would be great for exploring shallows, tight river channels etc. Especially as a couple with a pair of them.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Thanks for the heads up HC. I'm looking forward to catching this. I've never been a big fan of the fleas; nothing against them, just don't really do it for me, but Rooster brought one to the Arkie roundup and I must admit it was big fun.

haulnazz15

Captain

They aren't really used for point A to point B. There's nothing to do but act like a fool. They make me an idiot (not hard). I try and spray the beach etc. Yes, there are exceptions as I bet they would be great for exploring shallows, tight river channels etc. Especially as a couple with a pair of them.

I'm not sure what you mean by point A to B. I don't use my boat to necessarily go from A to B either. The jet skis are just cheaper and generally operated by younger, less boat-educated people. I use my boat and my jet ski in the same manner, to cruise up the lake and for watersports. The jet ski is easier to haul around on a trailer and takes less thought when riding around as shallow water isn't much of a concern, nor is the lack of a prop to swim around. It's the mirror of having a motorcycle vs a car. Both can be used in the exact same manner, but one just carries fewer passengers.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Both can be used in the exact same manner, but one just carries fewer passengers.
Yeah, and that may be similar to my point A to B thing. Usually with a boat there is some sort of plan as you have more people to deal with. "let's go hang here?" Not always, and we probably use our boats similarly. But we rarely get everybody in, and then start driving around in circles in the same general area. We go somewhere.

Sorry for the hijack HC :redface:

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Yeah, and that may be similar to my point A to B thing. Usually with a boat there is some sort of plan as you have more people to deal with. "let's go hang here?" Not always, and we probably use our boats similarly. But we rarely get everybody in, and then start driving around in circles in the same general area. We go somewhere.

And not all PWC's do that either. I almost NEVER have a plan when I put the boat in. Might go way up river or down. Might hang around the party areas. Might float in the current for miles, or maybe toss down the anchor and have a couple beer... So the only difference when I'm on the jetski is that I generally don't anchor or drink a beer.

haulnazz15

Captain

So the only difference when I'm on the jetski is that I generally don't anchor or drink a beer.

I actually have a small mushroom anchor with about 20ft of rode we keep on our ski. It's generally only used to anchor while chilling at a beach, since we don't beach our equipment.

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class

Jet Ski Brian fishes off a highly modified Yamaha ski. He is a great photographer, and has posted many shots on the PWC forums. He is the undisputed king of fishing off a ski. Definitely going to be watching tonight.

Thanks for the heads-up!

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

I actually have a small mushroom anchor with about 20ft of rode we keep on our ski. It's generally only used to anchor while chilling at a beach, since we don't beach our equipment.

I've got a small screw in anchor i use for when I'm on the beach, but no traditional anchor like I do on the boat. Its a little tricky to get it hooked up to the front eyelet!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

...They aren't really used for point A to point B. There's nothing to do but act like a fool. They make me an idiot (not hard). I try and spray the beach etc. Yes, there are exceptions as I bet they would be great for exploring shallows, tight river channels etc. Especially as a couple with a pair of them.

well I sure hope you watch the show and turn your uninformed opinion into an informed opinion

not too shallow 20 miles out

QC

Supreme Mariner

That was not my point HC. You've seen enough of my posts to know I generally don't lump all into any one basket. Many, many exceptions. There is no dispute that quite often PWC operators are less courteous and operate in a fashion that make some boaters cringe. I have a theory about why that happens. Nothing more. The rest was just me pokin' fun.

MRS

Commander

a good jet ski? No such Thing...:D unless you use one to shoot carp in the shallows with a bow...;)