A funny theft - or a surprised thief

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Okay I do Special Effects work for movies. When asked I do some fire effects that require a great deal of smoke.<br /><br />I keep a 5 gallon container that has diesel, used oil and gasoline mixed around for such a request. It was pretty thick stuff.<br /><br />Well, the container is kept in my plow truck which never leaves my yard. This morning I decided to "dispatch" an old brush pile since it is raining I would use my fuel mixture.<br /><br />Well the container is empty and someone helped themselves to the mixture. The container has it's top and vent open and it's all gone. I know it would not evaporate nor would I ever leave it open. It certainly did not leak out or I would have smelled it. The container was in the cab of my truck.<br /><br />I once made the mistake and had added some to my lawn tractor and it smoked then died. It was not really a good engine fuel.<br /><br />My only regret is I did not see the stupid thief who stole the fuel and tried to use it. I bet they were surprised that whatever they burned it in would send up enough smoke to hide a small battleship!

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: A funny theft - or a surprised thief

That's great!
lol2.gif

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.........<br />I had some Young fellas Steal some Fuel from My transfer tank.......<br /><br />Trouble was They were driving a Gas powered Car..........<br /><br />They made it Maybe a Mile down the road........<br /><br />I just Waved to them as I drove by in My Diesel pickup.................. :D

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I also like the story of the thief who syphoned the wrong tank in a motor home. <br />Now that's what I call poetic justice. :D <br /><br />Chris............

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I kinda did that once. we had a common laundry area for our washers and dryers in the forrestal housing in great lakes. seems my soap powders kept going missing. now the navy's wisdom set the room on the 3rd deck. it was a pain to haul all supplies up and down. so one day I emptied the soap and refilled the box with powedered bleach. no more soap thefts :) :) .

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

My grandpa used to work construction. His lunch kept getting stolen. He, no joke, switched his chocolate bar with Exlax and was easily able to identify the thief due to the frequent trips to the porta-potty. :eek: <br /><br />My grandpa's lunch was never bothered again. :D

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

dont know which is worse. a liar or a thief. sometimes I think the saudi punishment was just :) .