A Different Houseguest

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
I received a call from my sons probation officer. They released him Friday to spend the weekend with us before his court date on Monday.<br /><br />So far it is like I picked up a different son than what I had. He is doing things on his own without being told. UNREAL! I know this is to soon to actually tell how he is going to be in a week or two. One thing for sure is that he doesn't want to go back.<br /><br />The judge he goes in front of is a hard nosed, to the point judge. It won't look good for my son, but maybe he will be able to tell if Carl is remorseful or not. I just hope Carl is and continues on treating people with respect.<br /><br />Just thought I would do an update on this matter for those that were concerned about my son. Thanks

bubbakat

Captain
Re: A Different Houseguest

Glad to hear it SS. Sometimes they learn and sometimes they don't.<br /> Lets hope this is your time.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

excellent news SS......as others have posted, your son may take time and patience to come around. could be that time is here.<br /><br />best to you and yours.

tylerin

Commander

Great news SS. I feel its going to be a rollercoaster ride for a while, and right now your on an up. Be consistant through the ups and the downs. Glad to hear some good news from the SS camp

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

SS, sounds good! You & yours remain in our thoughts & prayers.

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

When your son appears before the judge remember what I've learned from a life time of court appearances as a professional witness/expert;<br />appearance and attitude is everything, make sure he is clean shaven, fresh haircut, dressed neatly, sits and stands up straight, etc, AND knows the phrase, "yes, your Honor". Every little bit helps, good luck to you and you family,,,

gonfishn

Commander

Thats geat SS. Hopefully in years to come he will look back and say thanks dad for making me realize what the other side can look like. Sometimes the hard road is the easiest to remember when one looks back to see where you don't want to be..

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

SS, its good to hear that Carl may be starting to see the light. Hang in there.