A Day in the Bay (Galveston)

LadyFish

Admiral
Yesterday, we headed out to San Luis Pass where Captain Rod selected a great spot. Speaking for myself, I caught over 30 whiting and some beautiful speckeled trout ranging from 16" to 19+". I didn't keep the whiting but here is a pic of my catch for the day.<br /><br />
5l8b47
<br /><br /><br />Mr. Ladyfish came home with his usual catch. :rolleyes: <br /><br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br /><br /><br />
5l8bb6
<br /><br />As you can see from this photo it took two of his stacked vertically to even come close to sizing up to mine. :p <br />
5l8big

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer
Re: A Day in the Bay (Galveston)

What did Mr. LF use for bait and how did he keep those long necks from spitting the hook?<br /><br />It seems to me mr. LF out fished you 2 to 1.

Matty1000

Seaman Apprentice

Great catches Ladyfish, what's the avg. weight on those babies?

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Nice catch!!! ;) <br /><br />Them aren't amber jacks in them colored glass bottles, with them tags on em, are they???? ;) :cool:

gaugeguy

Captain

Quantity over quality I always say :p <br /><br />Hope you piloted the boat back LF ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

As a matter of fact GG, I did. When we got back to the slip ****SNAP***. <br /><br />The rule on our boat is the first mate always makes sure the attenna is down before we round the corner of our canal. Ooops. :rolleyes: I forgot to remind Mr. LF to do it and he was so intense watching me pilot the boat, we both forgot.<br /><br />Oh well, I picked up another one and we're back in business. :)