A concern from a fisherman/environmental view

gonefishie

Commander
Ok here is the dilema, so they're gonna pump the water out of N.O once the leevees are fix. The thing is, the world biggest raw sewage tank formerly known as New Orleans is getting dump into lake Ponchartrains and the Miss. river. Just think about all the trash, chemical, sewage, gas/oil, animal dropping on the street, septic tanks etc... the whole jambalya. It could potentially cause the biggest fish kill mankind have ever seen. Afterall, that part of the country is known for their fishing industry.

oddjob

Commander
Re: A concern from a fisherman/environmental view

Whats your solution Gonefishie?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The only thing that could cause any lasting damage is the gas/oil.<br /><br />There is very little of that so no big worries.<br /><br />Ken

Gold Bear

Petty Officer 1st Class

You do not have to worry about that as much as you might have had to before the hurricane. The fishing industry no longer exist. It will take a year to get all the fishing boats back into the water - most of them are a quarter mile on shore.<br /><br />Regards,<br />Gold Bear

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

When I worked for the local water utility we were working on a break on a residentual street. After digging down, we were bailing out the hole. A resident came out complaining that we were throwing muddy water in her yard. Now bear in mind, the break was on her side of the street, it was the middle of August(dry), and her property was on the down-hill side of the street. <br /><br />Now I'll ask the same question she was asked by my super. "What'll you have me do wiff it wady, juss fro it up in the aya". (He had a lisp).

aspeck

Staff member

The friend of pollution is dilution. Nature will have a way of taking care of most of it, may take a little time, though.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

The fish and such are already dead. The Gulf is already having a massive die off caused by a Red Tide

gonefishie

Commander

well, I feel better now that it won't do much harm but if it does oddjob, I say to get the peoples out, fix the leeves and just let the hot southern sun dry that sucker up.