a chris

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Mate, I can see you're trawling the boards 'cos you're alone tonight after your lady has gone and it's nice to be here with friends.<br /><br />I know how you feel.<br /><br />It WILL get better.<br /><br />In the meantime, we're here for you.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
Re: a chris

If it wasn't so early (pre-noon), I'd drink a beer for you.

Tinkerer

Originally posted by RubberFrog:<br /> If it wasn't so early (pre-noon), I'd drink a beer for you.
It's 1.55 a.m. here and I'm having one of many beers.<br /><br />All for me!

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Thanks Tink. <br /><br />To answer your question about visas :D , it's difficult for an Australian to enter her part of the world (Kamchatka) for 'tourism'. Until only about 10 years ago even citzens of her country, who weren't residents of that region, couldn't get in there. <br /><br />Being 40(ish), divorced, female and from Russia made it difficult for her to get a visa to Australia. In fact all the visa agencies we contacted there wouldn't touch it, too high a risk of rejection. We ended up doing a personal submission, with me writing an invitation for her. It was all worth the effort in the end. She got a visa and had a great time here. We are already planning visits for each of us again. Me to Kamchatka and her back here. <br /><br />Maybe in time we'll make things more 'permanent', who knows.<br /><br />Chris...........

Tinkerer

Kamchatka. Is that the place where a meteor hit early in the 20th century and did a lot of damage not unlike a nuke? I'm thinking of pix of trees flattened outwards from the impact.

achris

No, that was farther west. Kamchatka is that peninsular way above Japan and just west of Alaska.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yo achris,<br /><br />By any chance do you know a guy named Dave Soltoggio? He runs a small fishing charter called Solty's out of the Perth area. I was down there a couple of months back and he took me up the river (with a paddle) etc. Second time I have done the Freo Harbor and river cruise thing. Great town you've got there!!!<br /><br />Here's his setup.<br /><br />
4rw6jr

ndemge

Commander

....tinker... it all comes clear now..<br /><br />
Originally posted by Tinkerer:<br />
Originally posted by RubberFrog:<br /> If it wasn't so early (pre-noon), I'd drink a beer for you.
It's 1.55 a.m. here and I'm having one of many beers.<br /><br />All for me!

achris

Quietcat,<br /><br />I don't know him personally, but that photo was taken at the boat club I'm a member of, Cockburn Power Boats.<br /><br />Chris..........

QC

Supreme Mariner

I thought it was worth the try anyway. We launched right across from where they are building some huge trimaran and where they built Greg Norman's monstrosity. Dave must be a member there. I'll ask him if that was the name of his club. I still talk to him, may actually hire him for something we are doing there.