99 Regal

tjkprop

Cadet
I was looking at used boats and came across a beautiful 99 21ft opn bow regal for 19K. Nice step up from my current 1988 wellcraft 170 classic. Only problem is that it has a V6 rather then a V8. My only concern is resale. The sales guy (whom I brought the wellcraft from 3 years ago) said a great boat but could be a dog to resell as most boats 21 ft plus has the V8. The majority of this model regal has the 8. The boat would be fast enough for me as the fast track hull is said to be very good, but I would not want to get stuck as I would only keep a few seasons and want to move up again. Any comments much appreicated.

Mikedg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 99 Regal

I don't think you will have any problem selling the boat in the future. One of the main advantages of the FasTrac hull is it's efficiency, which means the boat requires less power to acheive the same speed as boats that have a traditional V or modified-V hull. The bonus with the V-6 will be the fuel economy.<br /><br />My first boat was a used Regal 19' cuddy cabin with a V-6. I ran it for one year and sold it for a profit.

sjcresswell

Recruit
Re: 99 Regal

We have recently purchased an 1800LSR with a MerCruiser 1.7TDI, so I can't help you with your engine problem. I was wondering though if you could perhaps tell me if you have experienced any problems with lauching Regal boats with their fastrac hull.<br /><br />I'm having loads of trouble and need some help/advice from those who have owned a Regal boat. <br /><br />An email would be appreciated;<br /><br />highflyer_2000@hotmail.com<br /><br />Thanks