'99 Merc 8 hp, pistons for powerhead rebuild

collawash

Seaman
Being the good brother I am, I assumed my lil' bro would take care of my 8 hp 2-stroke kicker motor when he borrowed it. <br /><br />When I got it back, I found some water in the plugs and it ran like poo-poo. A compression test revealed 70% compression in both cylinders. (I love my bro, I love my bro, I love my...) The engine will run as long as I force the gas. Prior to being borrowed, the motor ALWAYS started with one pull and I prefer it to my 4 stroke 9.9 Honda.<br /><br />I'm looking for an outlet for oversized pistons for this motor. Anyone know if Mercury makes them just for idiots like myself. I'm performing the tear down, but am going to use a trusted machine shop for the boring and powerhead rebuild. To reduce the cost, I need to provide the pistons for the shop. I'm trying to stay at about $500 max. <br /><br />Anyone have web site for parts bookmarked for dumba**e* like me?<br /><br />NEVER assume (***-U-ME) flesh and blood will take care of borrowed kicker motors. DON'T DO IT, PERIOD!!!