98 javlen spare prop

jobassing

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i just bought a 98 javlen and am looking to buy a spare prop for it it has a 150 johnson and is a 18 ft boat it's running a 14 3/4 by 21 ss viper this will be the main what i'm looking for is a alum prop for sking and tubing and a spare i can't aford to play with props so any help would be great

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 98 javlen spare prop

If it runs Good now, a 21" aluminum Should be the Ticket....

jobassing

Petty Officer 3rd Class

it does go good but i'm looking for something with more power then speed

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Jobassing<br />Is your WOT RPM at the top of it's range, if it is then a new prop is not going to change it. Going from Stainless Steel to Aluminum of the same size and pitch will usually loose you 2 to 3 miles per hours.

jobassing

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ok i guss i'm not saying this right i haven't had the boat out yet and it's killing me but i'ts below zero hope fully it will warm up soon but i hate going out with only one prop i'm thinking of a 19 or 17 to pull a skier up quick some of my friends are over 200lbs i was hopeing someone had a set up close to mine that could help i guse i could wait till june and try the 21 but i have a bad habbit of wrecking props i go were the fish are but i'm sure with a new boat i might be more carefull i hope i fish better then i wright