94 Speedster

AggieAsh

Cadet
I have a 94 Seadoo Speedster that when i bought it i could not get it up on plane. The rpms would jump from about 4000 to 7000. Well long story short with new plugs and putting sea foam in the tank as well as greasing the flywheel seal and shaft seal it runs fine. My question is that the seals are bad one has a pinhole in it and the other is chewed up on the end. what is involved in replacing these and how much should it cost me. I think it is the seals that caused the problem i was having? but im not 100% sure. anyone have any thoughts as i dont want to replace these just to have the boat go back to what it was doing before.

Thanks for the help

darrenz

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 94 Speedster

i have a 95 but i think you also have the 657x motors. looking at my manual they are both just a typical bearing seal that can be removed without splitting case, just by prying out. and yes you do need a good seal. even though even my speedster to initially to get it up on plane you do prob gotta hit at least 5000+ much diff than the prop boats i had. if you pm me your email i can email manual

AggieAsh

Cadet
Re: 94 Speedster

can any damage result while it is working properly? just wondering if its something i need to replace immediately