94 Seadoo SP model 5870 no acceleration

Ingram84

Cadet
Hey guys,

I picked this ski up from a yard sale fri for a cpl hundred bucks and took it down to the river that afternoon to see if it ran, it did i only took it out about 50 yards or so. On my way back to the trailer i hit a sandbar. I cut it off and walked it off and just idled back to the trailer. ( I was only about 10 yards away.)

My wife and i take it out to the lake today and it doesnt have enough power to get on plane. If you go WOT on it it will rev up and just before it planes out it will die. If you go easy on the throttle and hit a wave just right it will sit the nose down and speed up like it should. But eventually once you slow down it doesn't have the power to get on plane. Sorry to be so long winded here but i'm just wondering where to start. Does it sound like a carb issue or the wear ring? Do you think i messed it up when i hit the sandbar? It starts up just like its brand new.

I'm fairly handy with tools we've been in boating for a cpl years now but this is our first ski. I'd really appreciate your help.