94' seadoo guages don't work

ryan04

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey guys I've got a 94' seadoo XP that runs beautiful but the RPM and fuel guages don't work. The guy I bought it off said it was rolled over last summer, but all he did was replace the plugs and kept driving it. Could this have fried the guages? OR is there a way I can test them? Thanks

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 94' seadoo guages don't work

usually it is the ground wire that goes bad and causes those to stop coming on,, the wire corrodes internally,, also clean the plug at the main computer, spray it with silicon spray and plug it back in, sometimes that will cause the problem if water is in the plug.

ryan04

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can I bypass the ground from the computer and go straight to the battery? I'm thinking of running a new ground wire from the battery to the connector under the dash where the guages plug into, it's a flat plug with 8 pins. Thanks

Ron1957

Recruit

Hey guys I've got a 94' seadoo XP that runs beautiful but the RPM and fuel guages don't work. The guy I bought it off said it was rolled over last summer, but all he did was replace the plugs and kept driving it. Could this have fried the guages? OR is there a way I can test them? Thanks

My 1993 Seadoo guages(tack and fual) dont work at all, what did you do to fix yours?
Thanks
Ron

SpitAndDirt

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My 1993 Seadoo guages(tack and fual) dont work at all, what did you do to fix yours?
Thanks
Ron

The gauges on early 90's ski's are fairly prone to water intrusion. The fuel gauge will probably still work, but good luck on the tachometer. You need to remove your fuel sender out of the gas tank and check to see if the magnet in the float has fallen out. There are fuel float replacement parts because this is such a common problem.

You can download a the factory service manual for free by registering over at http://www.pwctoday.com and looking in the Sea-Doo sub forum.