94 Sea Rayder F14

ragnar333

Cadet
Re: 94 Sea Rayder F14

Congrats on yet another sport jet success story. These little boats are quirky little devils, but I really enjoy mine and have a lot of fun with it.

UPDATE:: Went up this past weekend and the thing wouldn't even start, talked to the "dealer" that i bought it from and conviced him to buy it back. So I will not be having an update on what was wrong as I am getting it off my hands. I shoulud have read more about the 90 horse jet motors, wouldn't have bought it in the first place..

tech 3

Cadet

22 hours on fresh power head and running great

dsrace

Seaman Apprentice

good to hear on the fresh powerhead!! does it plane fast or take 50 feet? I bought a better multimeter cause mine was acting up and retested all. the stator was good and is a red stator. the flywheel had two broken magnets so I found a used flywheel for $75 bucks. it was off a 96 model according to the writing on top of it. now it runs pretty good overall and takes about 50 or so feet to plane but atleast planes and accelerates now. according to the mph gauge it peaks at 32 mph. that's with the regular gapped plugs in but I will put the gapless back in and see how It runs. I had already bought a new red stator for it with the elect kit so I put the stator itself in just because. so if anyone needs a good red stator and the elect conv kit with wiring diagram I have them. the little boat is a blast when it's running lol and is sooooooo easy to jump off swells not big air maybe a foot or two off the water and cuts sooooo tight you'd swear water was coming over the side lol

tech 3

Cadet

good to hear on the fresh powerhead!! does it plane fast or take 50 feet? I bought a better multimeter cause mine was acting up and retested all. the stator was good and is a red stator. the flywheel had two broken magnets so I found a used flywheel for $75 bucks. it was off a 96 model according to the writing on top of it. now it runs pretty good overall and takes about 50 or so feet to plane but atleast planes and accelerates now. according to the mph gauge it peaks at 32 mph. that's with the regular gapped plugs in but I will put the gapless back in and see how It runs. I had already bought a new red stator for it with the elect kit so I put the stator itself in just because. so if anyone needs a good red stator and the elect conv kit with wiring diagram I have them. the little boat is a blast when it's running lol and is sooooooo easy to jump off swells not big air maybe a foot or two off the water and cuts sooooo tight you'd swear water was coming over the side lol

dsrace it does not plane real fast the sea ray hull is a heavy one and 90 hp is a little on the low side I would like to see about 150 hp in that hull
this winter I will try to find a 120 power head and rebuild it and put it in there and see how it does
but even with the 90hp I love the 130 I think it is a great little boat my speedo indicates 37mph
but the gps says like 25mph speed is not that important to me I took my speedo out and put in a tach
so I can monitor engine RPM's and find my sweet spot for best fuel burn rate
post up any shots you might have of yours I would love to see it.