94 merc black max150 new impeller and still no water

dennis1

Cadet
I just replaced impeller,peed a little bit at first then nothing but alarms.exhaust coming out of top port.is it the thermostat?where is th thermostat?

imported_scott_m

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 94 merc black max150 new impeller and still no water

Did you check the intakes for obstructions from the previous impeller? If the old one was shredded it is possible that bits worked up into the cooling system. More details on your motor would be helpful. On my V-6, the thermostats are in the top of the heads on both banks. ALso you may have a problem with your poppet valve.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Did you turn the drive shaft clockwise when pushing the cover down over the impeller?

AndyL

Petty Officer 1st Class

If it were my motor I would,<br />take the lower unit off again and check for any debris in the water uptake tube. If clear blow compressed air to prove waterways in powerhead are reqasonably clear. If that is clear then check that you correctly replace the key in the impeller and that it rotates when you manually turn the impeller drive shaft. If that all ok then as was suggested your problem may be the poppit valve stuck open.<br />Something to bear in mind is that the V6 motors use an awful lot of water to fill the powerhead and often when running on muffs and a garden hose you will not see a good stream of water out of the tell tale anyway.<br />Good luck and certainly don't run it until you have checked all you can.

dennis1

Cadet

thanks guys .all fixed

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

Never mind- I found it

Moody Blue

Captain

Dennis, for the benefit of the other members here, how did you fix it ?

heybaylor

Petty Officer 2nd Class

leave him alone .he fixed it ..whatever he did is a secret...or a "flat forehead from the slap! )