'94 Johnson Ignition

fredmfl

Cadet
!994 90 hp Johnson V4 cross flow ignition problem<br /><br />The other day, I started the engine with a pair of earmuffs feeding cooling water. After the<br />engine started, I noticed that no water was coming from the flow tube and I shut the engine<br />down after about 20 sec of running. I removed the bonnet to check on the hose to make sure<br />it was still connected etc. I restarted the engine and noticed fuel spurting out of the top of <br />the Primer Solenoid. Found that the red running fitting had cracked, so I replaced it.<br /><br />Went to restart the engine, and it won't start. Found that the engine was flooded. <br />Removed the spark plugs and dried them out and cranked the engine over for about 6 sec <br />to help dry the cylinders. {I din't have the spark plug wires grounded].<br /><br />Now, I find out that I have no spark for any of the 4 plugs. I checked the Stop Circuit <br />repeatedly and unplugged it…still no spark. All connectors are okay.<br />I proceeded to check everything I could check without a Peak Reading Voltmeter and <br />every thing checks out okay, eg: Sensor Coil Resistance test -42.3 ohms; <br />Ignition Coil Resistance- 0.3 ohms primary, 270 ohms secondary; <br />the Sensor Coil shows no voltage when the four leads are checked separately to ground.<br /><br />The question now is - is there anything that can be done to check anything else without <br />a Peak Reading Voltmeter. And does anyone out there have an idea of what could be wrong? <br />I tried to do an output test on the Power Pack, my digital volt meter shows voltage being <br />produced but not the actual voltage produced. The same goes for Total Output Spark