'94 Force 40 HP. 2 Cyl. One Carb. Float Adjustment?

Soo Nipi

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 23, 2006
Messages
3
Does anyone know how to adjust the float on the above engine? I looked at some engine manuals at the marina but they are not specfic enough. The engine seems to be flooding at WOT and I adjusted it by eye and it runs much better but I'm only guessing. Thanks.
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: '94 Force 40 HP. 2 Cyl. One Carb. Float Adjustment?

With the carb in your hand upside down the float will be on top. The very bottom of the float (now on top) to the bottom of the carb (also on top) should measure 1/2 inch. With carb in upright position the float should hang 5/16 inch from the top of the float to the bottom of the carb.
 
Top