'94 5.7 PHUS TPI No Fuel Pump Power

AList233

Seaman Apprentice
Had a selector switch take a dump. Replaced and now I cannot get the fuel pumps to cycle. Breakers are good. Ran fine before the switch went bad.
The high and low pressure pumps used to cycle when I turned on the key. Now nothing!

alldodge

Staff member
Something is not connected, fuse or breaker blew, or wire/plug is disconnected or corroded. Thinking it might not have been the battery switch and might be something else like a Bat cable or connection

AList233

Seaman Apprentice
Something is not connected, fuse or breaker blew, or wire/plug is disconnected or corroded. Thinking it might not have been the battery switch and might be something else like a Bat cable or connection
All battery cables, wiring, breakers, fuses, switches, rebuilt motor harness, gauges and wiring is new. Everything was good, until switch went bad. Meter showed 13v at battery, but only 3-4v at starter. Replaced switch. All good with voltage to breakers. Checked purple wire at alternator and have12v with ignition switch on. Only getting 3v at fuel pump relay. (Possible bad diode?) Also, checked injectors with noid light and no fire on them. Hopefully ECM is not fried!
Will be back at trying to troubleshoot today.

alldodge

Staff member
Not able to find 5.7 PHUS but can find GiPHUS
It has EST ignition
Fuel pump power doesn't come from the ALT, and is energized by the ECM applying a ground from J1-23

Slide2.JPG

AList233

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks. It is a 5.7 GiPHUS.
So, I should have 12v @ 85 and 30 on the FPR base. Right?

Last edited: