93 Force 70HP - Decarb process?

tmet01

Cadet
Never decarbed this outboard. Seen a lot of recommendations on this forum about needing to decarb. What is the recommended process?

Since new all I've done is change the gear oil every year, inline fuel filter once, impeller once, and just changed the spark plugs for the second time. It is a very solid motor but I've noticed it is taking a little longer to get up on a plane lately.

Thanks for any advice.

walk-on

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 93 Force 70HP - Decarb process?

I just decarbed my '95 yesterday for the first time following closely but not exactly a procedure found here. I used 1 can of Seafoam in a squirt bottle and alternated between carbs.

I think you'll be fine using the decarb process found in the FAQ section here.

Although I had read about how much these things smoke I was really concerned that someone driving by my house was going to call the fire department! The whole valley that I live in was a cloud of smoke and at times the smoke drifted into the road, creating a driving hazard. Don't underestimate the amount of smoke that will be there.

tmet01

Cadet

Sounds messy...think I'll take it to my Dad's place in the country to do this.
Thanks for the help.

Tom

john from md

Commander

I did it recently on the bay and drew the attention of the local constabulary. :eek: I quick switched tanks and told him it was from having the engine tilted up for too long.

You really don't want to decarb where the large amout of smoke causes issues. Do it on a windy day if at all possible.

John