93 DT200 cant get above 4100 RPM's

I bought this dt200 and it ran fine at first. Got around 5200 rpm's at wot. Started having an intermitent problem with ball collapsing, it would only run if pumping the ball. replaced lines from tank, made sure vents were clear, made sure the antisyphon ball was not in fuel pick up, knocked the screen out of the pick up tube and replaced the ball.
Took the boat out and had no more problem with the ball , but at one point the RPM's bogged down to 4100. I rested the motor a while then back to the dock with no problem.
The next time out I couldnt get it above 4100 RPM at all. No fluctuations, idles and runs fine up to 3/4 throttle then stays at 4100 rpm's. this is only under load. It will get above 4100 rpm at idle. No change when pumping the ball.
I took the fuel pumps apart and found a clear plastic check valve was broken. None of the pieces seemed to be missing. I replaced that whole lower pump assembly and rebuilt the upper pump. Took it out and still could not get above 4100 rpm's. No warnings from gauges at all.

Yesterday I had it at WOT -(4100 rpm"s) and sprayed premix into each carb. throat. It did not speed up any, so I did not pull the carbs for cleaning or rebuild. Does this tell me its not a fuel or carb problem ???

I also pulled the plugs one at a time when running and the motor bogged with each, telling me they were all firing. Does the rev limiter cut out 2 cylinders or just slow how often they fire????
Is there a way to check the Throttle valve sensor. Do you think I can rule out fuel at this point ??

***other things done so far.......
. new plugs
. fuel connector
. oil flow/filter
. ran it from a portable tank with fresh fuel directly to fuel pump "T"

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: 93 DT200 cant get above 4100 RPM's

probably dirty carbs. drain each carb onto clean white cloth just to see what's in it. have carbs cleaned, install fuel/water seperator, use Stabil Marine all the time to prevent most fuel related problems. Good luck!

thanks, I thought I eliminated the carbs as the problem when I sprayed premix directly into the throat of the carbs with no results???? I do have a fuel/water separator installed. I was starting to think it was not a fuel problem ??? I guess next step is to clean the carbs, thanks.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

dont do suzukis much anymore, post it back on forum and hopefully in the next week or so I will have my suzuki manuals unpacked from storage.
check the comptrssion first, and spark.
then go fix the fuel system.
the electronics on the Dt200 were almost bullet proof.