93 115 YAMMY - preventative maintenance on oil injection?

scottfromoz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi all - 93 115 with about 500 hours on her. I am going to replace the fuel pump diaphragm (thanks Rodbolt) but I was wondering whether the oil injection set up needs servicing. I assume that eventually the priming pump in the boat (at large oil container) would need replacing...but does it need to be replaced every so many hours? What about the oil lines. I check the sight filter and it looks fine undercowl.

Cheers fellas

BruceAML

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 93 115 YAMMY - preventative maintenance on oil injection?

I would replace the entire fuel pump. Almost the same price as replacing the parts. Make sure to order the mounting gasket too. Have you replaced the four anodes in the crankcase? If not, you need to replace them.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

the anodes in the crankcase are useless, would I replace them if I had the heads off? yes. would I remove the heads just to get to them? no.
problem is once they go through a couple cycles of wet then dry they scale up,turn white and are totally useless after that.
its very very rare to actually see the eaten away so it tells me they are not working.
as far as the oiling system, periodic replacement of the remote tank filter,inspect the electrical connections for corrosion and the hose for hardening or cracking.
periodic draining of the engine tank water trap, if you remove the engine tank filter for cleaning ALWAYS drain the tank via the water trap first and ALWAYS use a new screen to tank seal and ALWAYS ALWAYS retrieve the old seal.
carefully inspect the oil pump link rod clip at the pump for cracking.

scottfromoz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks fellas - very much appreciated as always. Will have a gander and see whats what.

Cheers