93 115 mariner questions

tnastro

Cadet
Had this motor put on my boat in Feb, been using and running fine since then. Today took short run to fishing hole, stayed about 45min, used big motor once or twice to reposition myself. Then started big motor and started running to another spot, had gone maybe 3/4 mile and power loss, didn't shut down just lost power. Tried to run and didn't seem like it wanted to so I was next to dock and came home. Questions: Ran compression when home: all cly between 105 and 110 - plugs were pretty oiled up, cleaned and reinstalled, started right up ran fine on the hose. When I purchased this motor mech ran compression & was between 130 - 135 on all 6. Could the difference be in the gauges? I just bought a cheapie? Next ? - Have a pretty severe vibration at 1800-1900 rpms, checked prop shaft using a pencil against lower unit and turning prop all seems even, however when I ran it on hose in gear the prop didn't look like it was spinning real even. Thanks and sorry for the long post.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: 93 115 mariner questions

Firstly the bad news. Mariner in-line 6, 115hp was last produced in 1988. If it's a 1993, then it would be 4 cylinder.<br /><br />Next, the vibartion on the in-line 6's can be caused by the carbs being out of sync. Check the carb set up very carefully. <br /><br />Loss of power. When were the fuel pump diaphrams last replaced?<br /><br />Chris...........