92-93 50hp Evinrude

I have a mystery that needs solving. A 50hp Evinrude (G03058505) Model 350TLENM, will not start. The original problem was a cracked Primer valve cover leaking gas inside the engine case and a bad fuel filter that did contain water. The fuel was replaced the fuel filter changed and the broken part replaced as well. At that time the engine ran fine no issues, it ran for an hour and later on that day another 30 minutes. The next day it would not start at all.Compression is at 120 lbs on both cylinders, no drop between them ( or it's so small a drop it doesn't register on the gauge ) Spark will jump 7/16" gap, the color is blueish white. The carbs were cleaned yesterday and reinstalled. I can't get this thing to do more than sputter a few seconds. I can't help but wonder,.. I know it has spark but I am thinking, when is it firing. Almost like the timing is off. Has anyone else gone through this misery and feel like sharing, I could use a few good ideas here!

Re: 92-93 50hp Evinrude

The unfortunate part of this is this is a customers boat and I doubt he wants to wait while we get a manual. I think we need to stick with our policy of no outboards. They are more hassle than they are worth for a company dedicated to inboard gas and diesel engines. Sadly there is no one in Valdez who wants anything to do with outboards. Helping this customer looks like it will end up coasting ME money to fix this issue

jonesg

Admiral

My engine is a 150hp with optical ignition so it wouldn't help on that outboard you've got there.

Maybe someone who knows can help out here?
Just keep bumping it to the top, someone will know.

Got lucky and found a Sealoc book in town, well at least somewhat lucky. It goes up to 89 the engine is a 92, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will help pinpoint the issue. So if anyone does still have some advise please by all means let me know :D

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

Check your fuel system for water again. That`s what it sounds like to me.

If it ran fine yesterday for 30 minutes then I wouldn`t worry about the timing until you can get it started again.