92' (2 stroke) 90 horse mariner

myket1

Cadet
My motor is running rough at idle. Also, at full throttle, runs smooth but only at 3200 rpms. Last year ran smooth all the time and ran at about 5200 rpms. Obviously, I'm running at about 60% power and I think I need to adjust the carbs. Any advice on where to start? I bought a used service manual and someone was nice enough to rip out almost the whole fuel section so I am at a loss.<br /><br />Thanks,

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: 92' (2 stroke) 90 horse mariner

Welcome to the Iboats forums:<br /><br />How about some service history? When was the last ime the plugs were changed, fuel pump changed, water pump impeller changed,etc.<br /><br />We need all the info we can get to give you a good diagnosis.

myket1

Cadet
Re: 92' (2 stroke) 90 horse mariner

Thanks for responding. I really appreciate it. This is only my second season with the boat. I had it winterized at a local shop. Problem is, there is a major back log to bring it back so I am trying to resolve the issue myself. I worked on cars several years but, as you know, Outboards are a whole different game. The boating season where I live is about 4 months and they want me to wait 2-4 weeks. I can only guess that it is a fuel issue. I wanted to start with adjusted the 3 carbs but not sure how to go about it. The plugs are new and the electrical system seems sound. That is about all I know.<br /><br />Thanks again for replying. I really do appreaciate it.