91 johnson 120hp carb removal?

robbyusa

Seaman Apprentice
What do I need to do to remove the carbs on this model? I see that there are two bolts over the carb but I dont see any below the carb. Do I have to take the throttle plates off or can I just take the black plastic carbs off? If I take out the two bolts I see is that enough? Should I tug on the carb body?<br /> Thanks Robby

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: 91 johnson 120hp carb removal?

There are 4 bolts holding on each carb body. The 2 long ones you see and the 2 short ones above them. If you are cleaning the carbs, you may want to consider taking them off as an assembly along with the throttle plates. Reinstalling is much easier that way. The carb body O rings can be a tiny bit tricky. Besides if you are cleaning the carbs you want to clean the throttle bodies too.<br /><br />Good luck!

93bronco

Ensign

there is a total of 4 that keep each carb to the throttle plates. 2 short on top, 2 long at bottom.<br />-<br />if you have not taken them off before make sure you take note of each carbs location so you can put them back where they came from.<br />-<br />it could have been fine tuned over the years.<br /><br />jetting (orifice) is as follows from factory.<br />idle # 41 (bottom)<br />intermediate # 50 (middle)<br />high speed # 63D (fuel bowl)

robbyusa

Seaman Apprentice

thanks all I feel really stupid right now<br />Can't beleive I didnt see the two in the bores :)

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Forget it. No big deal, just glad you didn't "tug" on that plastic body..............