91 135 ignition switch problem

Mike Caspari

Cadet
I had switchbox problems before on one motor and replaced both switchboxes, motor runs fine now. My other motor is beginning to lose fire on 2,4,6 in the low rpm range. I put one of the old switchboxes on and it worked for a couple of days, then I had to put the other old switchbox on it works again for now.<br /><br />Stator ohms good, trigger ohms good. <br />I noticed that some time my spark seemed to return when I wiggled the key in the keyswitch.<br />The ignition switches are exposed to the elements, could this be my problem? The stop circuit voltage does get routed through the ignition switch right? Can this affect one switchbox and leave the other alone?

Ben Konopacky

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 91 135 ignition switch problem

the sw. boxes are wired parallel thru the ign sw..if the ign. sw. is bad it will affect both boxes.

Mike Caspari

Cadet

If the stator and trigger ohm good, does this mean they are good or just somewhat good? Does the voltage check at the switchbox tell the true skinny on the stator? I need a dvm that will hold the high volts.

Mike Caspari

Cadet

If the stator and trigger ohm good, does this mean they are good or just somewhat good? Does the voltage check at the switchbox tell the true skinny on the stator? I need a dvm that will hold the high volts.

Ben Konopacky

Petty Officer 1st Class

I may be wrong (not the first time) but the only way i know to check a trigger is to check it against a spare one to see if it will trigger .