90hp 1994 Sport Jet no spark?

hamptondude

Cadet
I just purchased 90hp 1994 Sport Jet boat (my first boat), which had a carburator flooding problem. To fix it I removed the plugs and cranked the engine quite a few times to pump gas into the carburator while repairing it. Fixed carburator but when I reassembled everything I no longer had a spark. Did I damage something cranking the engine without plugs??? Is there a quick check on the switchbox?

Thank you for any assistance.

hypersniper

Banned
Re: 90hp 1994 Sport Jet no spark?

if you cranked it without grounding the plug wires then more then likely you fried the switchboox.

hamptondude

Cadet

if you cranked it without grounding the plug wires then more then likely you fried the switchboox.

Is the switchbox accessible from the boat so that I can I replace the switchbox without removing the engine?
Looks like I damaged more than I fixed!

(I'm curious as to why would that fry the switchbox? Any suggestions appreciated!)

hypersniper

Banned

yup switchbox is mounted right on the side of the engine, no need to remove the motor to get to it. they are easily fried when you dont ground them. very sensitive to electrical curent. do some searching on here on switchboxes and you may get a better idea as to why they fry so easily, its a very common thing unfortunately.

jcochrane281

Cadet

I just fixed mine it was the stator there are links to help Look at my last post and you can get all the info you need that was givin to me wile trying to get mine running if you have a volt meter you can check the stator