90 Sportjet

I have a bayliner jazz. The engine in the boat is a 90 hp mercury sportjet. I want to know what is the proper way to drain the oil and then fill it up. I have looked at it and only see one plug. I dont know where the other one is and how much fluid is necessary to fill it. Thanks Robert

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 90 Sportjet

I've Never seen a Bilgeliner Jazz,<br />But,<br />I Thought they were a 2-stroke motor,+ a Jet drive..............<br />I don't Think there's Any Oil to Change...??????

Well there is oil. It is in the jet drive. I dont think it uses water and old fishing line to lubricate but as you can see by my name im a ford mechanic. Thanks.

outboardguy

Petty Officer 1st Class

There should be a vent and drain screw.One on either side of the intake grate.Just pull them both and drain,then put lubricant into the drain hole until it comes out the vent hole. There is also another cavity with oil in it.It is located at the rear of the shaft. You have to look up the nozzle and you will see a center bullet shape with an allen drain screw and a regular vent screw.I think you have to remove part of the jet to service this though.I'll try to look tomorrow and see if I can get back to you.

Thanks outboard guy. This lil boat has been pretty good. I guess the throttle cable is broken too so i have to find one. The place that origionally sold the boat they are a joke. They give you the run around and say well we only sell mercury parts sorry. Well what the heck do you think mercury marine on the engine means. I dont think it is johnson and suzuki and their 4 stroke deal. Thanks for the help Robert