90 hp JOHNSON???

TRITONRULES

Cadet
As I have stated before I am saving for a new 90hp to put on an 1860. I have almost saved all the money, and will be makeing the purchase soon. I am leaning toward the Johnson because of its larger displacement, and the fact that it is a v4. I troll a little, and think that it will troll better than the inline 3 cylinder yamaha will. The problem is, many people seem to be Die Hard Yamaha fans on this site. I am not a fan of any outboards yet! Can anyone honestly tell me a reason why I should stay away from the Johnson? Many people have told me that Johnson is makeing an excellent outboard now that bombardier owns them. So how many people have bought an 02 or newer johnson 90, and how do you like it? From what I can tell the johnson seems to be more motor than the yamaha, and for less money. I dont want to buy a motor just becuase it is what everyone else has, I want the most for my money!! So can anyone tell me HONESTLY why I should buy the yamaha over the johnson? Thanks for any and all help, as this is a large purchase for me!

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: 90 hp JOHNSON???

Since buying a motor is a big $$$$ decision you might want to hit some of your local dealers for both Yammy & Johnson. Ask not only about features and price but also about warranty plans available. Go to the service area and eyeball the place. Often just looking tells a lot. Talk to the guy who heads up the service area and see if the chemistry is right. Then throw all that in your pot of info for making the decision.