9.9 johnson ignition question

okam

Seaman
Its a 1985 9.9 johnson, I aquired it recently an looking at the timing base there was a stainless L shaped piece loose, I can't seem to find it in the part diagrams for its former location. Can anybody give me some insite. Thanks in advance.

AlTn

Commander
Re: 9.9 johnson ignition question

looked your motor up at marineengine.com...didn't see any L shaped stainless piece either in the ignition diagrams...can you give an approximate size and description?..is it drilled, flat, thick, thin,, etc?

okam

Seaman

looked your motor up at marineengine.com...didn't see any L shaped stainless piece either in the ignition diagrams...can you give an approximate size and description?..is it drilled, flat, thick, thin,, etc?

If you at the piece as an L shape, bottom of L far right is a offset fork, going back to the bootom left their is a hole with a bent tab down that looks like it cilps around something, at the top of the L shape is a second hole slightly larger and above is again a flat tab facing down. Thanks for the reply, I was looking at the same sight. PS it is thin about 1/32" thin

AlTn

Commander

using this part no. 0319288..is that what you're looking at?..a choke knob detent?...if so...shouldn't be under the f/w...it holds the choke lever in place as it slides..it sits on top

okam

Seaman

thanks AlTn, you are correct, I had found it under the timing base I guess I was looking in wrong area. Thanks again just need to replace 2 screws. Thanks again