'89 invader engine tune-up/ blew up my blower/spedmtr broken

wcsparky05

Petty Officer 1st Class
I picked up an '89 invader 16' with a merc 3 litre 4 cyl with only 400 hrs that runs great! but i need some help troubleshooting the spedometer that doesn't work and also have some time off work cause i separated my ac joint and would like to know what i should do to make this boat last?!! when i bought it i asked the previous owner to start it for me and ( i was new to boats) all he did was run the hose on the intake. no ears. so should i replace the water pump? how much of the engine do i need to tear up to get to that? Also, i put in a new bilge pump cause it didn't work but i burned out the blower cause i left it on. I can't find the blower motor? help! thanks.

aggiedave98

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: '89 invader engine tune-up/ blew up my blower/spedmtr broken

post your questions on the mercruiser repair board... won't get much response here (I have an '89 invader btw).

The impeller is what you mean... you take off the lower portion of the stern drive.

the first thing folks will tell you is to get the mercruiser repair manuals if you want to do things yourself... advice I took from them and it was good advice...