FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
The data plate tag on the moter is wore on my 89 125 force. Does anyone no of another place the model # and serial # may be stamped at, or is there a way to tell what model # I have. Thanks in advance.
The only place the id is (was) is on the id plate.<br /><br />There were many many models of that motor in 1989.<br />Time to buy a Clymer repair manual, and access the mercruiserparts web site parts diagrams and start making comparisons. Make a list of possible matches and a list of models that do not match what you have.<br /><br /> http://www.mercruiserparts.com/selectModels2.asp?type_id=FORC
I have got the serial # and I can read part of the model #, last letter is D. Is there a web site I can go to and punch in serial # and it give me the model #. Thanks in advance.