89 40hp carb solenoid pump leaking

GlenF

Cadet
Just finished rebuilding the carbs and replaced the solenoid. Started right up, idled a little high but ran nice and the problem seemed solved. Waiting for it to warm up to see about fine tuning and it dropped to low idle and was stumbling and died. I seen it was leaking fuel from the pump on the solenoid. The picture is from a Yamaha service manual and I see there's no name listed and no parts came for it in the carb kit. I did pull the cover off while doing the carbs and there was no tear in the diaphragm but thats as far as I went. Anyone dealt with these things before and have advice? Be nice to not have to wait for shipping to finish this thing up.

Attachments

• 20210516_202247.jpg
    20210516_202247.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 3

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If you prime the bulb with arrow pointing upwards till fully firm is there a fuel leak at the pump's solenoid or around its side ? Assume have installed new gaskets around the solenoid if happens to count with one, more than one ?

Happy Boating

GlenF

Cadet
If you prime the bulb with arrow pointing upwards till fully firm is there a fuel leak at the pump's solenoid or around its side ? Assume have installed new gaskets around the solenoid if happens to count with one, more than one ?

Happy Boating
Just last night I replaced the o-rings and made a gasket. The pump looks ok but worn-out, can see light through it. So the leak is solved but definitely going to have to rig a pump for it somehow if it starts leaking and affects how it runs.