89' 125 HP force trim issues

tweeder

Cadet
First of all I want to say thanks for the help I have already received since I bought my first boat last year (1990 Bayliner 1903 CC with a 1989 125 Force). The motor now runs like a champ and I’m very happy to say that I now want to keep the boat. However, I am having some problems with the trim. I am able to raise and lower the trim fine when she is out of the water; however, the motor slowly slips back down on her own. Also, I can’t see the motor trim at all when she in the water. Fortunately my boat levels out on her own, but I’d like to get the best performance possible. I’m not really sure where I should start looking. I assume there most be some sort of a pressure leak somewhere, but I don’t see anything apparent. Any ideas would be great. I’d like to have her running perfectly before the season gets underway. <br />Once again, thanks for the help guys. If it wasn’t for this forum I would have probably sank her myself just to say that she was on the water.

Re: 89' 125 HP force trim issues

A quick search on tilt and trim will reveal this is fairly common.<br />The cure or cures can be simple, depending on your mechanical skills vs the state of your hydraulic bits.<br />Good luck.

jastacey

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 89' 125 HP force trim issues

It could be your check valves in the pump asembly, or your o-rings in the trim cylinders