89' 125 Force Proping issue. !!!HELP!!!

Reel-Fun

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok i recently bought this boat for $800 its an 89' Bayliner Capri Bowrider with a 89' 125 Force runs great needs a prop the prop on it is chewed up and needs replacing before its ran, just a thought can i run it without a prop just to make sure everything runs well?

what size prop is stock on this boat/moto combo and what do you guys suggest i'm looking for a quick plain, good speed, good gas mileage (if prop can effect mileage) just a happy medium between everything, i beleive what comes on the boat is a 15 notch spline 13x19" i would just like to confim with someone that knows a little more than i do.

Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: 89' 125 Force Proping issue. !!!HELP!!!

Well, there really is no "Stock" prop on an engine of that size.
I have one Bayliner I sevice that is 18ft with a 125 and it uses a 13X17, but I'm at a higher elevation (assuming).
Buying one prop and hitting it the first time is highly unlikely, so if you can test one of a known pitch, get the WOT RPM and that will tell us which way to go (assuming tach is accurate).

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Ha. Kenny.

He was on another post and asked the same question. We both came up with the same SWAG....13 ( ) x 17 for starters.

Mark

walleyehed

Admiral

I thought I seen another post of near the same question...just didn't put 2&2 together...