88 Force 85 HP Need Impeller help

CaptDick

Cadet
Hi. My impeller needs to be replaced. When I send for one, they send me one with a rounded key-way. It won't fit. I read that someone else had that problem and that it may be a CG beefed up lower end. Who could I talke to, to get the right impeller? Do I have to change the lower end to get the right impeller? Any help would be appreciated! <br /><br /> -Capt****-

graddy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 88 Force 85 HP Need Impeller help

What is the part # number and is it a Mercury part.

CaptDick

Cadet

Hi DTS<br /><br /> Thanks for replying. I've ordered 2 numbers. I've ordered 18-3017 and the impeller looked the same except that it was loose on the shaft and it had a rounded key-way. Mine is not rounded. This number was right out of the Sierra book, so I'm told. <br /> The second number, I looked on the web and gave them my engine number and serial number. It came back with the impeller # 3065 which also does not fit. Motor = Model # 856X8A <br />Serial = 2759. <br /> It's been a great motor so far. It runs excellent!

CaptDick

Cadet

Hi<br /> Out of desperation, I sent an order to Dollar Offshore Marine. I read somewhere where they had a good view of the breakdown of an engine. I ordered the part through them, figuring it couldn't hurt. I was sure it was going to be the wrong part yet, again. I have ordered this part 3 times before at other places and was given the wrong part. <br /> I was very surprised when they sent me the RIGHT part that fit my boat. I'm still confused at what happened. Thanks to Dollar Offshore Marine, I no longer have a big row boat. They have a new costumer! (Whew!)

graddy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mercury part # is 803630T $13.00

CaptDick

Cadet

Hi DTS<br /><br /> That is EXACTLY the part number they sent me and it fits. Heck....I should have talked to you earlier and avoid all the confusion. Thanks again. Problem Solved! :)