88 Force 50 Fuel Pump?

coachtom2183

Cadet
My 88 force 50 ran great until yesterday when it bogged down and died will start for few seconds then die.I noticed the primer bulb kept going soft so I replaced it still same prob I then checked the fuel pump in manual it says fuel should come out in steady stream when turned over it looks like it is pulsating with less and less fuel as I turn it over is there anything else I should check before replacing fuel pump. Thanks

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 88 Force 50 Fuel Pump?

It appears the pump is working, as it is sucking the bulb flat.

I would look for a restriction/clog, in the fuel tank or hose.

Easiest way is to buy or borrow a new fuel line and tank.

There is a screen on the end of the fuel pickup, in the tank, could be clogged with sludge.

coachtom2183

Cadet

Tried a buddies fuel tank and line same thing happening the engine will start for a few seconds then bog down and die I can keep it running by pressing the choke in every few seconds I saw on a other post it might mean the low speed adjusting needle is clogged but that was a diff engine wasn't able to find one in the manual for this engine.I'm going to rebuild the carb and fuel pump anyone know where the serial #s are so I can order the kits>Thanks you guys are great

coachtom2183

Cadet

Roscoe hooked me up I posted on another thread cleaned and rebuilt thr carb purrs like a kitten now Thanks for everyones help