87 Sunbird 19' CC..........anything I should know

bcronk09

Seaman Apprentice
Some of you may have seen my posts.......I'm new. I have been around workboats with outboards my whole life but I knnow nothing about CC's and cruisers which are what I'm in the market for.

I'm interested in a 1987 Sunbird CC 19' with a Merc 130HP I/O. The guy says it runs like a champ since it was recently overhauled. The entire interior has been redone. Is there anything I should know about these boats and does this have the dreaded discontinued Merc?

Thanks again and I hope you guys aren't getting sick of me yet. I'm just getting started. Lol

Oh yeah, I have a 2000 dollar budget and I'm not affraid to do alittle interior work. Just want a dependable motor.

cwhite6

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 87 Sunbird 19' CC..........anything I should know

From what I gather on here, Sunbirds are not looked on too fondly. Bottom of the line from what I have seen.

tnduc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 87 Sunbird 19' CC..........anything I should know

I've got a 91 Sunbird CC with an Evinrude 90HP. This boat has been in my family since new (dad bought, gave to me a few years ago). The boat and motor is in excellent shape, rides well and (most importantly) is paid for. The only problems I have had is what you would expect on a 19 year old boat- replacing a few hinges, wiring for the horn, new straps for the cooler, new windshield. Like any other boat, the quality is in how it is taken care of and lack of abuse.